"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

20 November 2011

Light.


I have admired Brian Ferry's transcendent blog, The Blue Hour, for quite a while. In a recent post he sings the praises of a restaurant which is at the top of my bucket list, Fergus Henderson's St. John. Brian's images provide a more than satisfying glimpse into marrow Nirvana.

I’ll miss tucking a loaf of brown sourdough into my bag for the week, and I’ll miss your friendly staff, your Welsh Rarebit, your seed cake & Madeira, your roast bone marrow & parsley salad, your cauliflower salad, your Negronis, your duck liver on toast, your bacon sandwiches, your custard doughnuts (especially your custard doughnuts), your wine list, your Eccles cake with Lancashire cheese, the light in your bar area in the afternoon, ...

Read the rest at The Blue Hour.

No comments: