"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

08 November 2011

Medicine.

Can you imagine if the prescription is not only for what the next pill is, or a prescription for not to have too much soda in your diet, but the prescription could also be: where’s your happiness? Where’s your pleasure? Where’s your artwork? Where’s your music? Come in and show me next time.

You don’t need to be an artist to do this kind of art that we’re talking about for healing. Anybody doing anything that feels good to do that is getting something in you out. I think the beauty here is this is all very accessible to virtually everybody.

Even though people might think that art is not the same as medicine, it was my medicine and I think that without it I would have still been sick.

Through simple things…able to create something that makes it okay to feel the way I feel…and help take that burden away.




Read the rest at Art Therapy.

No comments: